Thursday, September 4, 2008

"You Should Sell Your Car, Hottie." nQ


Since I was out of the country all summer, I haven’t used my car in over three months.  So, my car battery died, and all I needed was a simple jump-start.  AARGH! I hate how I’m painfully shy! I could have asked people at my parking structure to help, but ended up just shying away and calling my insurance company. After being put on hold for 15 minutes, Jessica answers, “Progressive, Roadside Assistance. My name is Jessica, how can I help you?”

“Hello, I need a jump start, please.” After giving her my info, the frikin’ bimbo tells me my policy don’t cover roadside assistance! She told me they could still send someone to help for $61! I thought about it for a nanosecond, and told her I’ll do that! It’s worth it to pay the $61, even though I know I’m being ripped off, than to wait in the parking structure and ask people, who are probably busy, for help.

So… an hour and a half later, a young Latino guy comes and jump-starts my car. I thank him, and he tells me to leave the car running for 25 minutes. I waited for 25 minutes, and decided I’ll just leave it running for another 10 minutes.

Thirty-five minutes later, I shut my car off, and when I re-start it, guess what happens! Yup! It wouldn’t start! If I weren’t in public, I would have probably started shouting and swearing! I called the guy and explained to him what happened, and he was like, “you have to call your insurance company again. And I’ll be right back.” I do that, and after another long hold, Amber answers with the same bubbly tone as Jessica did.

What the F*&K! I was beginning to think that Progressive was doing a ‘Bimbo’s Need Jobs too’ campaign. I told her what happened and she told me that she’d send someone over for another $61. By then Steam was blowing from my ears. I bite my tongue, count to ten backwards, take a deep breath, and explain to her that all I did was listen to the guy’s orders. She puts me on hold again for like 20 minutes, then tells me that she’s sorry and that there isn’t anything they can do about that, and that If I wanted to get someone down here to help me, I’d have to pay that fee again.

“SORRY!? You’re SORRY!? I’ll tell you what you idiot! Not only did you take an insane amount of money for a frikin’ jump start, you’re trying to make me pay it again for doing exactly what the guy told me!” when she tried to apologize again, I told her to go f*&K herself, and that I was going to be calling GIECO! After hanging up on her, I look around me, and realize that I have just made a scene (something that I usually never do) and that people were staring at me.  I was pissed off.

After I go back to my apartment, I called nQ and gave her the PG rated version of the story. She reminded me that she wanted me to sell my car L.

4 comments:

Sh7afana said...

LOOOOL!

Anonymous said...

saj walla u never make scenes!!
i miss u yal katkot! i miss you ya a7la hottie..and.. shal posts !! keep the posts flowing.. am loving the energy and diggin the attitude hahaha.. am fallin in love with you all over again!

nQ said...

Sell your god damn car and pay rent for the next year! seriously, it has no purpose what so ever.
Become a zipster like me ;)

janajino rij3ay bloggy a7sanlich! bela gazz o hyata in the blogosphere.

Hottie said...

nQ!!! Don't tell jinjin to leave my blog! We belong together okay!!!! and NO, I WILL NOT SELL MY CAR, MY MEMORIES AND MY LIFE just to pay the rent. (exaggeration)

jinjin: I love you... ur the cutest cutie! I'll keep the energy up, just comment often! lol

sh7afana: it was not funny at the time, but now that I think abou it, it does sound kinda funny