Tuesday, September 16, 2008

NYC Birthday Weekend





This weekend was interesting. It was nQ’s birthday!! And I did things I’ve never done before.

1.     1. I stayed at a hotel room the size of my shower,

2.     2. I told a girl that I didn’t mind that she kissed a girl, and she liked it and the taste of her cherry chap stick (and I don’t even know the girl’s real name, hahaha),

3.   3. And I danced awkwardly at a scary club (sorry nQ).

For nQ’s birthday weekend, we decided to go to Boston, but ended up going to NYC (haha, tickets were too expensive, and the ride was way too long).  We hugged, in one day, more than I tried to for the past few years!

When I arrived, I decided not to hail a cab, and walk instead. I quickly regretted it. I started to sweat like a pig, and by the time we got to the hotel, the disappointment was beyond anything I could explain with words. I tried SO HARD to convince myself that it wasn’t that bad, but then I just gave up and broke down in tears. Ok…ok, I didn’t breakdown, but it would have been funny if I did! (Or sad, lol, no… just funny).

Anyways! nQ and I left the hotel, and found ourselves surrounded by food carts everywhere, the temptation was driving us crazy! The food looked delicious, and…well, basically, we broke our fast, and decided that since it’s her birthday weekend, and we’re in NYC, we should have more than one meal in the duration of the trip! We weren’t going to break our fast over a measly corndog, so we make it our conquest to try everything this festival had to offer. A while later, as we decide what to try out after the “Russian donuts,” a crazy black lady (that made fun of the way I said T-mobile) invited us to be apart of the audience for Queen Latifa’s interview on BET. I didn’t expect her to be so funny! She said “Jeeeezus!” in a very funny way when she answered one of the questions. nQ and I laughed our asses off!( I took a picture of the stage on my phone but I have no idea where the wire thingy that transfers things from my phone to the computer is).

We also went to the MET. It was AMAZING! I walked for what felt like days in there, and saw Egyptian temples and mummy cases and other cool stuff, and we didn’t even get to see everything.

We ate amazing Indian food for dinner. I think nQ is starting to like it after all! After stuffing ourselves we went back to the hotel and decided to rest so we can go clubbing. I wish we didn’t, that hour that we spent  “resting” I almost slept, and felt cranky when it was time to leave to the club. On top of being cranky, nQ made me walk to the club and was totally neglecting me by speaking to her “pmsing friend” on the phone. I was debating, in my head, whether I should choke her or crush her! This isn’t the first time she does this (but that’s another story). I felt better though, when her “pmsing friend” was chatting with me through nQ instead of speaking with her, hahaha. That was funny!

I was the first to hug nQ and wish her a happy birthday!! That was awesome! We got in the club, and I tried to dance, but it turned out to be just too tiring and awkward. I hate dancing when I feel like I’m being watched (although I’m sure it no one was watching me and that it was all in my head). After an hour of dancing, we left the club and took a taxi home (thank god).  

I fell on the bed as soon as I got into the room and just zoned out thinking about how I don’t want to change and brush my teeth. I started to just stare into space with my mind somewhere else (If you saw the room, you’d understand). All of a sudden I hear nQ gasping and when I look at her, I saw the funniest frightened face I ever saw. I had no clue what was going on but I REALLY wanted to laugh, unfortunately I was just too tired. You guys should have seen her. She had her hand over her mouth, her eyes were wide open, and she was like, “ Oh my God! You sleep with your eyes open!” I guess I zoned out to the extent that my face was totally expressionless and she thought I was sleeping with my eyes open. I laughed for a whole fifteen minutes on the way back in the train! Why aren’t our lives recorded! It would turn out to be the most successful reality show ever.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
HAHAHAHAHEZ!!

O M G!!
I LOVE BOTH OF YOU WOOF WOOOF...

do0da said...

i love hotels like that :P went to one in london that was a 3 person bed room il'3urfa was barely big enuf to fit 3 beds ily 7ata the tv had to be hung on the wall cuz maku space :p oo the bathroom LOL it was so small u cant open the door itha aku a7ad bil7amam :P

Hottie said...

jinjin: hahaha, u should have been there it was so funny! Bs for some reason, it's funnier after as I remember it that it was at the moment.

dooda: lol, yeah it was umm...cozy. LOL, but we had complimentary internet, so that was cool... haha

unreachable said...

intresting post :)

eshda3wa said...

Glad the 2 of u had fun
weinr i wish i wash with uUuu

<-- bitch slaps both of u for breaking ur fast

(btw just so you know, u were traveling so technically u didn't have to fast. but i slapped u cz u didnt know that but did anyway!)

Hottie said...

unreahable: lol, glad you think so ;P

eshda3wa, HAHAHA, ashwa, I found out yesterday, lol, my friend is traveling today, and he was so excited that he wasn't going to fast. So I was like, are you doing our weekend routine, he started laughing, and explained about the traveling and breaking fasts. If you visit nQ anytime soon, we'll go again.

♀ L's brain ♀ said...

LOOL :D

I'm loving this trip! nQ please invite me next time :( oh oh and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY :D nsaitech ambeeh


Hottie, i'm very impressed! what a wonderful report! ya allah ya allah! I can't believe nQ was neglecting you only to speak to her PMSing friend :S

NQQQQQQ next time don't leave hottie alone! tara ma artha 3aleh!

Hottie said...

SHIFTAY L!!! She always does that to me! Thank you...lol, next time come with us.

nQ said...

lol :D the next time you decide to pass out with your eyes open, pplease, face the other way!

agool :( mita il food fair mal Boston? foga?

Hottie said...

lol, okay, hahaha, ill check my schedule

♀ L's brain ♀ said...

update please!