Saturday, September 27, 2008

I’m Turning Into A Living Zombie


My assignments are getting chaotic! I knew that getting into the Architecture program meant that schoolwork would be excessive, but seriously, WTH! Every class, we are expected to have an assignment finished, and every couple of weeks there is a review.

I met a few people the other day, and one of them was an intern in one of the hospitals in the city. His sister and cousin studied architecture in college, and he told me that they had no social life, and that they tended to hangout in the studio with their groups more than anything. I almost died inside! I wasn’t expecting him to say that. It suddenly hit me. I’m actually doing this!

 My friends warned me about this, and I was being the dreamer that I am, telling them that I can do it, and that it is what I have always wanted to do. It’s what I’m meant to do! I just know it. All these memories of us in my car, and them trying to persuade me not to get myself too excited about architecture, because there is a possibility of me not succeeding. It almost broke my heart.

Anyways, my first review was yesterday, and although I hated that I spent most of my time, including the weekend, in the studio (instead of visiting nQ and my cousin, Ty), I was extremely excited to hear that most of the professors that were judging the class’s work thought that our project was the best out of the whole class! Some of the students also started commenting (all good comments) about our work.

 My group and I got a great feeling of achievement. I was happy our hard work and short nights didn’t go to waste.  I’m glad my friends did what they did. They have a way of pulling me out of my dream world and waking me up to the real world. Haha, I was the baby of the group, so they had the right to be over protective, I hope they’re proud of me when they read this. (The professors really did love our work. They made us pin up our work way at the end so that our project would be the finale of the review!)

The sad part though, is that right after the review was over, we were given a new assignment L. This will never end. LOL. It’s going to be a hard five years!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's so worth it. Don't you ever feel sad about being stuck at home doing your assignments.

So wait, your friends told you not to get excited because you might not succeed? Friends say that? lol What kind of friends?
There's nothing you can fail as long as you work hard!

Oh and I truly believe that only the first year is going to be hard. Next year you will get used to this and assignments should be easier than now! Trust me.

Good luck Hottie. Keep up the hard work.

Hottie said...

Lol... I'm not even stuck at home, I'm stuck at the studio.
L, my friends are the best! I love them and really do consider them apart of my family, so when they say that, I'm totally not offended. I know they are doing it for my own good. They were trying to protect me, that's all. The thing is, that my friends always saw me ditching class, and failing courses. They didn't want reality to hit me without warning me about it first. They explained to me that architecture is very time consuming and that the way I'm handling school wasn't going to work.

I get it, and I'm starting over (after wasting years of my life) and I'm challenging myself, to prove to everyone (including me) that I can do it.
You won't believe how embarrassing it is to explain to people that I have five more years to go. I used to feel very stupid for all the time I have wasted, but I'm dealing with it.

Lol, yeah, I'm already getting used to it, I just can't wait to graduate and start working! Thank you L ;*

Anonymous said...

hey hey L 7adich 3ad!! am one of hatheeli el friends!!
Pedro
7abebe a7ebek!! you know am proud of you!:*

Hottie said...

lol, 7ayati! I love you too, I'm happy now! :-D

doona said...

sounds hectic :)
well, you now what they say: no pain, no gain! :)

♀ L's brain ♀ said...

darb darrrrrrb! nQ yaya ehni!