Monday, December 29, 2008

In The City




First... I'd like to say that I have been seeing many new bloggers. Wow, much has changed since my disappearance. Thank you all for commenting and welcome to the blogsphere : ).

So, remember how I was kind of feeling bored the other day. Well not any more kids. I told myself that no matter how much I want to just stay home and relax, that I'd force myself to take walks around the city at least twice a day. 

I noticed something as I walked around the city. There wasn't a main place where you can go and see all the Christmas decorations. It was scattered around the few little parks, in front of major skyscrapers, museums, and city hall. It was kind of sad. I wish that the city would have paid attention to one spot, and made an amazing job with the lights and decorations, so that more people would be focused in that area. Instead, you have to walk a lot to see decorations that aren't that satisfying to the eye. But I did enjoy the walks, even though some of them were past midnight, people were still walking around, and it wasn't as dead as I thought it would be.

You know what's also cool? The building I live in (one of the building in a major street in the city) has become a part of a 12 building permanent light show project. Colored lights would turn on and off at the same time throughout the walls of all the buildings facing the street, and all in the same time, they'll change color. Sometimes, load orchestra would play and the lights would dance to match the beat of the music. I just love it. I also love it when there are homeless people playing hey Jude or beauty and the beast on their harmonicas or violins. Living in the city is turning out better than I thought.




Update:

This is an actual picture of one of the streets that I passed as I was walking around. You probably won't know which city this is unless you live here.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this london? sorry I am new at your blog and still didn't figure out where you live :P

I miss london :(

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you have fun today. Have fun always and pick me pizza after you walk, thanks!

rencontrer Pauline said...

wow looks good the city,btw where are you?

Razz said...

looks like you're having fun in the city, which city is it and where?!!

oh, and by the way i forgot to welcome you to my blog :P

~A.M.~

Hottie said...

Hello Naseem, this isn't London. The picture in the post is not of the city I live in. Welcome to my blog...btw, I was checking out your blog, and there are some intense photography.

Zara: Hehe, thank you. min 3yooni ; )

Another Penelope: I'm studying architecture in the States.

Think Become: All I'll say is that it's a city in the states. Maybe someday I'll reveal more info.

Thank you, I'll check out your blog soon!

Anonymous said...

hmm..the street is kind of going uphill..is it san francisco?

well wherever it is, its really nice!

good to know youre feeling better, dowm Inshallah =D

ps i liked the song bas it nearly made me go deaf lool it was on max volume!! hehehe

Anonymous said...

Perhaps its Philadelphia???

well, I cheated :P the name of the image said so :P :P

and thanks for your comments on my blog :) and thanks for passing by.

Hottie said...

hahhahaha, naseem... Yup, you guessed right. I was surprised when you got it right... then I read the rest of your comment.

Anonymous said...

sometimes we IT folks get a little bit too picky :P

Anonymous said...

hi hottie,
wow!! the city looks amazing,
Oh how i l love living in cities,
but pardon me, whats the city u r livin' in??
it seems in Europe?

Hottie said...

Nassem: Lol, I'm not sure I understood what that meant, but for some reason it made me laugh.

Venus: The first picture is a picture of a random city, I don't even know which one, lol. But the second is in the states, read the three or four comments before you.

Anonymous said...

hi again hottie,
nice nick by the way;
lol, abt ur comment in ma blog
i cant forget abt her, coz am facing her all the day along,u know, she is ma stepmother,so thats why,D:

ya i've read the comments but after i published ma comment
@@
so is there any updates?? ^^
انقلعي

Anonymous said...

Penn state ha? im also an architecture student in the states and i live in a state really close by to your state :) all i can say is that i attended the obama inauguration :) anyways good luck in studio :)